EENG529 Circuits and Systems Analysis
Definitions of physical systems, Component characterization. Elements of graph theory, basic postulates: circuit and cut-set equations. Formulation of system equations in matrix form. Branch, chord, mixed and state-space formulations. Solution of system equations, time-domain, s-domain solutions. Various applications to physical systems.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify physical systems and represent those systems in schematic form
- Define the mathematical models of two-terminal and multi-terminal components
- Draw the system graph and write the associated constraint equations
- Establish a fundamental set of circuit and cut-set equations for the system graph.
- Obtain the state equations of first and second order electric systems involving capacitors and inductors
- Solve the system equations in time- and s-domain