- Due to the Covid-19 crisis, Cengage Learning enrolled ALL our students to Webassign.
- Please, visit https://webassign.net
- The login for ALL students StudentNumber@emu.edu.tr (e.g. email@example.com)
- The password for this account is set to SStudentNumber (e.g. S1484896) (Please Change your password at your earliest convenience)
- The first WebQuiz will be on Saturday, April 11, 2020 from 17:00-17:30 (Cyprus Time)
- The topics for the first Web Quiz will be chapter 19,20 and 21.
- In total we will conduct 8 WebQuizzes via Webassign counting the best 6. The weight of each WebQuiz will be 5%.
New announcement for all students who use the "CENGAGE WEBASSIGN"
Dear Students of PHYS102. The distance education has been officially started since 31-March-2020. You find more details of how to join the online classes, down this page. The Course outline has also been altered due to the two weeks gap caused by Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. In what follows you find the new outline for April-2020. Any possible update/change will be posted here as well.
Good luck and stay safe at home.
As you know, you have been using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org allocated to you by the university. For some time, our university has been working in collaboration with Microsoft to switch to Office 365 email and applications for the use of our staff and students. So far, around 2000 of our students have successfully used Office 365 accounts.
As of now, all our students can use their Office 365 accounts through https://outlook.office.com
Using email@example.com and password used to access wireless eduroam.
With Office 365, you will be able to access your accounts with your eduroam username and password.
So, what kind of advantages will be provided with Office 365?
1. You will be using your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. The quota of your email address is 50 GB and it may later be increased.
3. You will have a OneDrive account where you can safely store your files, pictures, videos, and notes.
4. By using OneDrive, which has a 1TB space, you will be able to securely share your files both with your friends and instructors, and you can work on files collaboratively if you wish.
5. You will be able to make video / voice calls using Skype for Business with your Office 365 account.
6. If, online lessons come fore in the future, you will be able to attend online classes opened by your instructors, save your instructor's notes, and participate in classes in an interactive way.
7. If you need, you will be able to use Office Programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) online.
How to Log on to Your Office 365 Account?
You will be able to log into your Office 365 account at https://outlook.office.com with the password you use when entering email@example.com and the wireless network system called ‘eduroam’.
You can easily set up your e-mail accounts as Exchange / Office365 on windows, IOS or Android operating systems.
If you encounter problems whilst logging into your account or installing applications, please contact the faculty / department system administrator or the Computer Center.
TÜM ÇALIŞMA ARKADAŞLARIMIZA VE ÖĞRENCİLERİMİZE ÖNEMLE DUYURULUR,
Bildiğiniz gibi Dünya Sağlık Örgütü’nün COVID-19 Virüs salgınını Pandemi (Küresel Salgın) ilan etmesi ve Bakanlar Kurulu’nun daha önce aldığı karar uyarınca üniversitemizde 22 Mart 2020 tarihine kadar eğitime ara verilmişti.
Bakanlar Kurulu'nun dün akşam yaptığı olağanüstü toplantı sonrasında alınan kararlar hakkında aşağıdaki konuları önemle bilgilerinize getirmek isteriz.
1. Üniversitemiz Rektörlüğü 27 Mart 2020 tarihine kadar eğitime ara verme kararı almıştır.
2. Öğrencilerimizin yapılan uyarılarılara uymaları ve kendilerini izole ederek belirtilen tarihe kadar sosyal ortamlardan uzak durmaları,
3. Bu süre zarfında mecbur kalmadıkça yurtdışına seyahat etmemeleri,
4. Söz konusu tarihlerde üniversitedeki tüm akademik ve idari çalışanların idari izinde olacağını,
5. Kararlar uyarınca toplu ibadet alanlarının 1 Nisan 2020 tarihine kadar kapalı olduğunu
6. Yabancı uyruklu öğrenci ve ailelerin COVİD-19 (Corona Virüsü) ile ilgili olabilecek sıcaklık,öksürük ve nefes darlığı şeklinde hastalık belirtileri ile karşılaşmaları halinde acilen aşağıda verilen irtibat telefonlarına ulaşmaları
KKTC Sağlık Bakanlığı
+90 533 850 1188
+ 90 548 850 1188
KKTC Başbakan Yardımcılığı
ve Dışişleri Bakanlığı
+90 533 851 4006
önemle rica olunur.
Konu hakkında Rektörlük duyurularının dikkate alınmasına ve virüsten korunma adına yapılan duyurulara itibar edilmesini temenni ederiz. Üniversitemiz Öğrenci İşleri Müdürlüğü, Mali İşler Müdürlüğü ve Yurtlar Müdürlüğü çalışmaları ile ilgili bilgi almak ve danışmak isteyenlerin Rektörlük duyurularını takip etmeleri gerekmektedir.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS,
As you all know, upon the World Health Organisation declaring COVID-19 virus outbreak a Pandemic and the Council of Ministers' former decision on the issue, an announcement regarding the suspension of all educational activities within our university until 22 March 2020 was made.
We would like to bring to your attention the following issues following the latest decisions taken at an extraordinary meeting of the Council of Ministers last night.
1. Our University's Rector's Office has decided to continue with the suspension of all educational activities until 27 March 2020
2. We invite all students to comply with all warnings issued, avoid social environments and isolate themselves from others until the specified date
3. Excluding compelling circumstances, we also advise our students not to travel abroad,
4. During the specified period, all academic and administrative staff of the university will be granted administrative leave,
5. In line with the decision of the Council of Ministers, all public places of worship will be closed until 1 April 2020
6. In the event of the student nationals of foreign countries or their families encountering COVID-19 related symptoms including fever, cough and breathing difficulties, they are advised to immediately contact the following numbers:
TRNC Ministry of Health
+90 533 850 1188
+ 90 548 850 1188
TRNC Deputy Prime Ministry and Ministry of Internal Affairs
+90 533 851 4006
We kindly urge all to carefully follow all announcements from the Rector's Office regarding the virus outbreak. Those wishing to receive information on the operation and services of our university's Registrar's Office, Accounting Office and Dormitories Directorate during the specified period are also invited to follow the announcements of the Rector's Office.
EMU Rector's Office
Dear students of Physics 102. The first webquiz has been postponed to a later date. The new date and time will be announced accordingly.
NEW Announcement (Feb. 21, 2020):
Please find the Course outline and the Lab schedule in the following.
WebAssign - Entering Special Symbols and Operations: WATCH THIS .
CLICK ON ITS YOUTUBE LINK TO SEE ITS .
New attendance policy:
Dear our students, active participation to the lectures and exams is a must for successful completion of this course. If the student’s attendance is below 50% automatically the grade NG will be assigned.