Course Rationale and Goals
This course introduces the programming, architecture and interfacing of the Intel 80x86 microprocessors for the last year students who had previous knowledge in both computer hardware and software.
A student, after successfully passing this course will be able to:
- understand the main components and working principals of the Intel 80x86 microprocessor
- program and debug in assembly language
- understand the basic computer architecture
- understand the memory organization and memory interfacing
- perform input/output device programming in assembly
- understand the hardware and software interrupts and their applications.
- understand the properties and interfacing of the parallel and serial ports