Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rasime Uyguroğlu
- Course Description
- Course Rationale and Goals
- Students will become more familiar with fundamental theory of electrodynamics.
- Students will learn the basic applications of Maxwell's equations.
- Students will learn basic properties of electromagnetic plane waves.
- Students will learn basic transmission line theory.
- Students will learn basic impedance matching concepts.
- Maxwell's Equation
ISome application areas of time-varying fields, revision of static fields, Time- varting fields, Faraday's Law of Elecromagnetic Induction, Lenz's Law, displacement current density, modified Ampere's law, integral forms of the Maxwell's equations. Constitutive Relations. Wave Equations for E and H fields. Power flow, energy, Poynting's Thorem. Sinusoidally changing EM fields, phasor forms of Maxwell's Equations and Wave Equations. Uniform Plane Waves, Polarization of Uniform Plane Waves.
- Uniform Plane Waves
- Plane Waves In Lossy Media
Classification of lossy materials, loss tangent, complex permittivity, complex propagation constant, complex wave-number, attenuation and phase constants, approximate formulas for Low loss dielectrics and good conductors.
- Reflection and Refraction of Plane Waves at Plane Boundaries
Oblique Incidence case, Total Reflection, Perpendicular Polarization, Parallel Polarization, Brewster Angle of no Reflection, Normal Incidence Case.
- Transmission Lines
Introduction, Transmission Lime Prameters, Transmission Line Rquations, Lossless Transmission Lines.
- Useful Formulas