WebQuiz 8: Saturday, May 30, 2020 15:00-15:45
Topics: Conservation of Angular Momentum, Static Equilibrium
We will continue the Physics-I experiments that we paused due to COVID19 as online [which is allowed by Higher Council of Education (YÖK)] in the period of 1-13 June 2020.
a) It is mandatory for everyone to perform and report those new online experiments. (No exemption!)
b) A total of 4 online experiments will be carried out.
c) The experiments are scheduled according to the weekly course schedule of the group of the related PHYS101 course.
d) You will take 1p once you successfully report each experiment.
e) Participation in the experiment will be processed as a bonus of 0.25p.
f) Experiments will be taught by your Tutor via your Teams group.
g) You will be given a report paper (as an assignment) for each experiment and you will need to complete the report within 2 days.
Please click on the links below
a) To access the online experiment calendar:
b) To access the online lab manual:
Change of Assessment due to Covid19:
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
8 Web Quizzes via WebAssign with 5% weight for each, best 6 out of 8 will be considered.
Midterm Exam (to be announced)
Lab Exam (to be announced in the Period: June 15-30)
Topics: Theoretical background of Experiments conducted, Analysis of Experimenal Data, Experimental Setup
Lab Participation (to be announced in the Period: June 01-June 13)
Final Exam (to be announced in the Period: June 15-30)
As you know, you have been using the e-mail address email@example.com allocated to you by the university. For some time, our university has been working in collaboration with Microsoft to switch to Office 365 email and applications for the use of our staff and students. So far, around 2000 of our students have successfully used Office 365 accounts.
As of now, all our students can use their Office 365 accounts through https://outlook.office.com
Using firstname.lastname@example.org and password used to access wireless eduroam.
With Office 365, you will be able to access your accounts with your eduroam username and password.
So, what kind of advantages will be provided with Office 365?
1. You will be using your email address as email@example.com .
2. The quota of your email address is 50 GB and it may later be increased.
3. You will have a OneDrive account where you can safely store your files, pictures, videos, and notes.
4. By using OneDrive, which has a 1TB space, you will be able to securely share your files both with your friends and instructors, and you can work on files collaboratively if you wish.
5. You will be able to make video / voice calls using Skype for Business with your Office 365 account.
6. If, online lessons come fore in the future, you will be able to attend online classes opened by your instructors, save your instructor's notes, and participate in classes in an interactive way.
7. If you need, you will be able to use Office Programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) online.
How to Log on to Your Office 365 Account?
You will be able to log into your Office 365 account at https://outlook.office.com with the password you use when entering firstname.lastname@example.org and the wireless network system called ‘eduroam’.
You can easily set up your e-mail accounts as Exchange / Office365 on windows, IOS or Android operating systems.
If you encounter problems whilst logging into your account or installing applications, please contact the faculty / department system administrator or the Computer Center.
WebAssign - Entering Special Symbols and Operations: PLEASE WATCH THIS
For the registration process to WebAssign PLEASE CLICK ON
to watch the step by step registration guidance video.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Active participation in lectures is a must for the successful completion of this course. If a nonrepeating student's total attendance (classes, tutorials, laboratories, and exams) is below 50%, automatically the grade NG will be assigned. The same rule is also valid for repeating students having received a grade NG or W in the previous semester. Repeating students having received a grade D- or F are exempted from the attendance requirement.
According to the Examinations and Evaluations Regulation of Eastern Mediterranean University by Law students who have not attended any of the Midterm, In-term, or Final exams have to provide a valid excuse for not attending the exam within 3 working days after the exam in order to be granted the right to enter the make-up examination. For any student missing more than one of the main exams (Midterm, In-term, and Final or the corresponding make-up exam), the grade NG will be assigned.
- There will be five lab sessions throughout the semester. These will be scheduled during the time slots of the tutorial sessions. Please refer to the schedule (LAB DATES) which is going to be also announced via Physics Department’s web page for the specific date of each lab session. Note that students who do not attend at least three lab sessions will automatically get NG.
- Repeating students having attended PHYS101 in Fall 2019/20 can be exempted from the Laboratory Participation. In this case all Laboratory participation scores from the fall semester 2019/20 will be transferred to the experiment scores of the spring semester 2019/20. The repeating students can check their previous lab scores via EMU student portal. A repeating student being satisfied with her/his former Lab score is efficaciously exempted from the Laboratory Participation. If a repeating student wants to improve her/his Lab score she/he will have to attend all lab sessions of PHYS101 in Spring 2019/20.
- All students must attend the Lab-exam!